Infographic: Tis the Season
It’s no secret that snow and ice pose a serious threat to the safety of motorists, especially in our harsh New England winters. Our RI car accident lawyers remind you to stay safe this winter and take it slow on icy and snowy roadways.
- Ice, snow, sleet and slush on the roadways greatly increase the risk of being involved in a motor vehicle accident. Take it slow on the roads this winter!
- 190,100 car accidents per year on icy pavement
- 10% of all weather-related crash fatalities occur on icy pavement
- 168,300 car accidents per year on snow/slushy pavement
- 9% of all weather-related crash fatalities occur on snow/slushy pavement
- Source: US Department of Transportation