It’s Labor Day Weekend – Keeping Safe To Avoid Personal Injuries
August 31st, 2018
Labor Day weekend in Rhode Island and southeastern Massachusetts – the holiday that reminds everyone that summer is officially coming to an end. From a personal injury standpoint, our law firm sees personal injuries from boating, car accidents, and even grilling!
Boat Accidents In Rhode Island and Massachusetts
Boat accidents can result in serious personal injury. If you plan on lounging the day away on a boat this Labor Day, always take the necessary safety precautions before taking the rope off that dock.
- Know the law. All boats are required by law to have a certain number of personal flotation devices on board. In both Rhode Island and Massachusetts, certain boaters are required to wear personal flotation devices as well.
- Always check your boat’s safety before you go out into the water. Unacknowledged safety issues could result in a boating accident – so always double check everything and fix any problems before using the boat.
- Get educated. Take a boating certification class either in a classroom, which is offered by Rhode Island approved course providers, or take a Rhode Island approved online course.
Burn Injuries And Other Personal Injuries Over The Holiday
At our law firm, we are on guard for other potential personal injuries such as burn injuries, car and motorcycle accidents. Before you suffer an injury, remember to stay safe on the road and at home. Burn injuries can result from defects or user errors with grills from failures to:
- Check the major connection points between the gas tank hose and the regulator and cylinder, and where the hose connects to the burners.
- Check the gas tank hose for potential leaks – to do that: apply a light soap and water solution to the hose using a brush or spray bottle, turn the propane tank on, if there is a leak, the propane will release bubbles.
This dangerous product could cause problems if the manufacturer or seller was negligent in designing, producing, or selling your grill – causing it to be defective or dangerous. Making sure your grill is safe to use beforehand will help you avoid any potential personal injuries.
It’s Good To Know Mike Bottaro – 24/7 Personal Injury Help
At the Bottaro Law Firm, we handle personal injury claims every day. Honesty. Integrity. Results. Our experienced legal team is here to fight for your rights. Contact us in any method you prefer 24/7 for a fast, free, and confidential consultation about your case. Text or call: 401-777-7777 or fill out our free and confidential online form.