Infographic: Selfies While Driving Are a Serious Issue
We all know that texting and talking on a cell phone while driving seriously increases the likelihood of a car accident. Some drivers are now forming a new dangerous smartphone habit, “selfies” while driving. This new trend involves drivers taking pictures of themselves while behind the wheel and posting them online at an alarming rate. If you’ve been injured by a distracted driver, contact our RI personal injury lawyers today for a free consultation.
- The following photo tags are being used on Instagram at an alarming rate:
- #driving: over 3 million
- #drivinghome: nearly 50,000
- #drivingtowork: over 9,000
- #drivingselfie: over 3,500
- Among all drivers under the age of 20 involved in fatal crashes, 21% were using cell phones.
Source: Huffington Post, Distraction.gov