If You Have Been Injured in a Pedestrian Accident in MA or RI, We Can Help
Pedestrian accidents often result in serious, life-changing injuries. It is easy to see why. It takes far less than being hit by a speeding vehicle to cause traumatic injuries. When a person gets hit by a car, truck, or bus, the body simply isn’t built to withstand the forces involved.
For those who survive, the consequences of being injured in a pedestrian accident can be devastating. Even those who are lucky enough to walk away often miss time from work and lose out on the ability to participate in activities and hobbies that they enjoyed prior to their injuries. Of course, these losses are in addition to the medical bills, prescription and medical device costs, and rehabilitation expenses that tend to accompany injuries from pedestrian collisions. When injuries have lasting effects, these costs can continue for years to come.
In most cases, victims do not realize the full extent of their financial losses. Calculating these losses requires extensive legal knowledge, and victims must ensure that they receive a thorough medical examination that identifies all of their injuries from the collision. At Bottaro Law Firm, LLC, we are committed to ensuring that pedestrian accident victims recover every last dollar they deserve. We have experience representing clients with virtually all types of traumatic injuries, and we can make sure that you take all of the steps necessary to protect your claim to maximum compensation.
Common Injuries in Pedestrian Accidents
Injuries from pedestrian accidents can range anywhere from cuts and bruises to paralysis and severe emotional trauma. Victims often suffer multiple internal and external injuries, and if you have been injured in a collision involving a vehicle, it is critical that you see a doctor who has specific experience evaluating injuries from pedestrian accidents. Our staff can refer you to a doctor who can help you.
Some of the common injuries in pedestrian accidents include the following:
- Physical Injuries – Pedestrian accidents often result in severe physical injuries, such as broken bones, burns, lacerations, and bruising. In the worst cases, these injuries can lead to scarring, disfigurement, and loss of limbs.
- Spinal Cord Injuries – Being hit by a car can easily lead to spinal cord injuries, including spine fractures, herniated discs, paraplegia, and quadriplegia.
- Traumatic Brain Injuries – Concussions and other traumatic brain injuries (TBI) are dangerous injuries that can have permanent effects. Symptoms of possible TBI include headaches, blurred vision, memory loss, mood swings, and loss of concentration.
- Internal Injuries – Pedestrian accident victims frequently suffer from internal injuries that can lead to bleeding and organ damage. These are dangerous conditions that may require immediate medical attention.
- Loss of Vision and Other Impairments – Head and face injuries can result in vision loss. Injured pedestrians may also experience hearing loss, loss of sensation, muscle damage, and other impairments that can lead to long-term disabilities.
- Heart Attack or Stroke – In some cases, pedestrian accident victims have been known to suffer heart attacks and strokes as a result of being hit by a motor vehicle.
- Pain, Suffering, and Emotional Trauma – These and other injuries can leave victims suffering from severe pain and emotional trauma. Pedestrian accident victims often experience anxiety, depression, and even post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
- Death – Tragically, thousands of individuals die in pedestrian accidents every year. If you have lost a loved one in a pedestrian accident, you may have a claim for wrongful death.
The Consequences of Pedestrian Accident Injuries
If you are considering filing a claim as a result of your accident, it is important to understand the full scope of your losses. Under both Massachusetts and Rhode Island law, not only are you entitled to reimbursement of your medical expenses, but you are also entitled to compensation for all of the costs you will incur in the future as a result of your injuries. You are also entitled to financial compensation for your pain, suffering, and emotional distress. On top of that, you can also recover for your lost income, lost earning capacity, loss of enjoyment of life, impairments to your relationships with your children and spouse, and other economic and non-economic losses.
The negligent driver’s insurance company will try to get you to settle for as little as possible, and once you settle, you will be barred from ever pursuing any additional compensation for your injuries. As a result, it is absolutely critical that you hire an experienced attorney to handle your claim. At Bottaro Law Firm, LLC we have the knowledge, experience, and resources necessary to help you obtain maximum value for your injuries and losses.
Contact Bottaro Law Firm, LLC about Your MA or RI Pedestrian Accident Claim
To learn more about what we can do to help, we invite you to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation. We have recovered millions of dollars for our clients, and we are so confident in our ability to win that we offer all clients our “No Fee Guarantee.” This means that you don’t have to pay anything unless we win your case.
You have nothing to lose and everything to gain. Let us help. Contact us today.