Owner and PresidentMike Bottaro
As a college student, Mike Bottaro knew he wanted to become a lawyer. There, Mike read a New England lawyer’s book about standing up to large corporations on behalf of sick children. Mike met that lawyer who inspired him to learn about personal injury law as a calling to help people and make our communities safer. Later in life, Mike suffered his own injuries and obstacles that grew his spiritual faith and gave empathy for the injured. It is these life experiences that Mike brings with him every day in helping his clients recover and achieve justice after a personal injury.
You can read more about Mike’s personal testimony here.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION RECEIVED
- Mike blogs on safety and consumer issues and has been published by the Providence Journal.
- Mike has appeared as a legal correspondent on The Rhode Show, a Rhode Island news program.
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Rating Preeminent (Highest Possible Rating in Legal Ability and Ethical Standards)
- Board member, Rhode Island Association for Justice (Local Industry Group)
- Perfect 10.0 Rating from Avvo.com (Independent Legal Rating Site)
- Since 2008, the independent ratings service Super Lawyers has recognized Mike multiple times as a “Rising Star” as published in Rhode Island Monthly Magazine
- The National Trial Lawyers as a “Top 40 Under 40″ lawyer and as a “Top 100” lawyer, nationwide designations given to top trial lawyers.
- C12 Member of The Year (Christian Faith Based Business Owners’ group)
- Mike has obtained over seven figures with case results in Plaintiff personal injury trial verdicts in state and federal courts.
- Rhode Island and Massachusetts both license Mike to practice law in state and federal courts. Additionally, Mike routinely co-counsels with other attorneys in other New England states and elsewhere.
COMMUNITY & MINISTRY
- Founder, “Bottaro Gives Back.” (Regular campaigns to individual, local, national, and international needs based giving as selected by employees, clients, and others.)
- Day of Service (Regular volunteer service projects for our team in the community)
- Annual sponsor, Meeting Street School (annual telethon drive); Rhode Island Community Food Bank and numerous other community organizations
- Boston College, cum laude (Mike graduated college with honors)
- University of Colorado School of Law, Juris Doctor (Mike graduated law school after serving as President of the Law School Moot Court Team)
- Colorado Court of Appeals, Judicial Law Clerk
- Member, Christ Church (Mike enjoys volunteering teaching Sunday school and with other church outreach and service opportunities)
- Married with two amazing children
- Getting outdoors in our great state! Hiking, fishing, golf, mountain biking, exercise
$1,500,000.00 Pre-Trial Settlement: Our client was a passenger in a ride share vehicle that slammed into a truck, causing life altering cervical fractures amongst other injuries. This case involved numerous experts and overcoming a challenging seat belt defense.
$1,200,000.00 Settlement: In this product liability case, our young client lost her eye due to a defective air bag. We acted fast to preserve the evidence and retain top experts who tested the vehicle. The result was settlement with national counsel for a major auto manufacturer.
$1,000,000.00 Pre-Trial Settlement: Our client was struck as a pedestrian by a commercial vehicle on a job site resulting in multiple fractures and emergency surgeries. We helped establish life altering pelvic fractures with a loss in earning capacity.
$660,000.00 Pre-Trial Motorcycle Crash Settlement: When the insurance company denied the claim outright ($0), Mike litigated this case through discovery, engaging renowned experts in the fields of accident reconstruction and physical medicine.
$600,000.00 Commercial Truck Crash Settlement: When a truck driver dropped steel beams form his load onto Rte. 10, the resulting crash caused our client to suffer multi-level disc injury resulting in emergency cervical surgery.
$650,000.00 Pre-Trial RI Slip and Fall Settlement: Regional market failed to correct a leaky roof and entranceway, causing our client to sustain a devestating knee injury. Mike litigated this case through discovery over the course of severla years.
$500,000.00 Rhode Island Nursing Home Abuse Pre-Trial Settlement: Insurer offers $0 pre-litigation. Mike litigates the case working with several experts to prove deviation in standard of care resulting in client who suffered amputations from complications after a nursing home injury.
$500,000.00 Massachusetts Wrongful Death Car Accident Policy Limit Settlement: The insurer originally denied the claim and had serious questions about whether the collision ultimately caused the death months later of an elderly gentleman.
$500,000.00 Policy Limit Settlement: In this homeowner policy limit insurance case, a handyman’s negligence cost our client his loss of eye. Our legal research on agency law carried the day.
$325,000.00 Settlement Following Arbitration: Our North Kingstown, RI client was injured in a bike accident, fracturing his patella and requiring emergency surgery. We worked with experts, including a life care planner to ensure our client received fair compensation.
Auto products liability case involving airbag deployment resulting in loss of vision in one eye and facial fractures.
A 61-year-old man underwent emergency surgery and a knee replacement procedure due to injuries sustained in a serious motorcycle accident.
A pre-trial settlement was reached for our client who suffered a knee injury requiring multiple surgeries.
Our client suffered multi-level disc injury when steel I-beams fell from a commercial truck on Route 10 resulting in multiple cervical surgeries.
Personal Injury Attorney Mike Bottaro helps client who suffered amputations from complications after a nursing home injury.
This case involved an elderly couple and their granddaughter who were injured after a car turned left in front of their vehicle. The injuries for the woman involved a fractured neck, broken ribs, and an eventual stroke. The man suffered from various injuries from which he never recovered, resulting in his untimely death.
This case involved deviations in the standard of care involving pressure ulcers resulting in death.
Our North Kingstown, RI, client was injured in a bike accident, fracturing his patella and requiring emergency surgery. We worked with experts, including a life care planner to ensure our client received fair compensation.