Standing Strong for Accident Victims in Newport
If you have been hurt due to someone else’s negligence or recklessness, you deserve a seasoned Newport personal injury lawyer to help you pursue a claim for financial recovery of your expenses and losses. Let a member of the legal team of Bottaro Injury Lawyers help in your case by:
- Thoroughly investigating the accident or incident that caused your injuries to recover evidence we can use in your case, such as accident scene photos, police reports, or eyewitness statements.
- Retaining expert witnesses in accident reconstruction, engineering, or other fields to help us persuasively explain the technical aspects of your case.
- Documenting your injuries and losses to calculate the full extent of the compensation to which you’re entitled.
- Reviewing your legal rights and options with you at the start of your case and ensuring you know what to expect at each stage of the process.
- Preparing and filing insurance claims on your behalf.
- Vigorously negotiating with adjusters to try to reach a settlement that pays you fair and full compensation.
- Taking your claim to court or to trial when a reasonable settlement cannot be reached in your case and where litigation becomes the best path to secure a maximum financial recovery.
Demanding Full Value for Your Personal Injury Case
When you were injured in an accident someone else caused, you deserve to pursue a full financial recovery for the expenses and losses you have incurred or expect to incur in the future. This may include compensation for:
- Medical and rehabilitation expenses
- Costs of long-term care for permanent injuries or chronic conditions that result from your injuries
- Lost income from time off work while treating and rehabilitating injuries
- Loss of future earning ability if permanent disabilities affect your employment
- Pain and suffering
- Reduced quality of life due to disfigurement, disability, or reduced life expectancy
Time Is Limited to File a Personal Injury Claim
Following an accident, you have limited time to file a lawsuit to pursue your rights in a personal injury claim. Under Rhode Island’s statute of limitations, a personal injury lawsuit normally must be filed within three years of the date you were injured.
If you fail to file suit before the limitations period expires on your personal injury claim, the party or parties that you are seeking compensation from can move to permanently dismiss your lawsuit. If the court grants the motion, you will have lost the opportunity for a financial recovery from those responsible for your injuries.
Tips for Protecting Your Rights After an Accident in Newport
If you were injured in an accident in Newport, you should remember to take the following steps in order to protect your legal options for pursuing a claim for compensation:
- See a doctor for a physical exam to diagnose all the injuries you suffered as soon as possible. Follow all treatment instructions and recommendations that your providers give you.
- Document the accident scene by taking photos or video of relevant details, as well as photos of visible injuries you sustained.
- Get contact information from any eyewitnesses to the accident.
- Keep all bills and invoices for expenses you incur while recovering from an accident. Make sure to have your income records on hand as well if you miss work because of your injuries.
- Start a journal to document your recovery and how your injuries hurt your quality of life.
- Reach out to a Pawtucket personal injury lawyer from Bottaro Injury Lawyers to discuss the next steps to take in pursuing your case.
Talk to a Newport Personal Injury Attorney Now
After you have been injured in an accident through no fault of your own, it is important to begin your fight for justice and compensation as quickly as possible. Contact Bottaro Injury Lawyers today for a free, no-obligation consultation to talk to a Newport personal injury attorney about your legal rights and options for holding those at fault for your injuries accountable for their actions.