Car Accident Lawyer in North Providence
Have you been injured in a North Providence car accident that wasn’t your fault? If so, you might be wondering how you’ll pay for the medical treatment you received, lost income while recovering, and other losses you never planned for. If someone else caused the crash, the law allows you to seek compensation from them. However, doing so effectively will require the services of an experienced car accident lawyer.
The North Providence car accident attorneys at Bottaro Law provide assertive representation for people who’ve been injured by negligence in our community. We know what it takes to help you seek the justice and fair compensation you deserve.
When you contact us, we will be ready to answer your questions and review the specifics of your case for free.
How Our North Providence Car Crash Attorneys Can Help Your Case
At Bottaro Law, our practice exclusively focuses on personal injury law. We understand the many challenges that prevent car crash victims from getting the compensation they deserve. Our firm is committed to doing whatever it takes to protect your rights and maximize your settlement or jury verdict.
When you come to us for help after a North Providence car accident, we can immediately begin the process of helping you recover from your injuries. We know accidents don’t wait for business hours. That’s why we’re available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, to answer your calls, reply to your texts, or chat live with you online.
We can take the stress off your shoulders as soon as you contact us for a free initial case review. With our exclusive No Fee Guarantee, we can get started on your case at no cost to you. You will owe us nothing unless we win compensation for you.
What Is Your North Providence Car Accident Case Worth?
No two car accident cases are alike, so there’s no way to estimate precisely how much your case could be worth without speaking to a knowledgeable lawyer. However, to get a rough idea of how much you could claim, consider the following types of crash-related losses for which compensation may be available:
- The costs of any reasonable and necessary medical care for your injuries
- The value of any lost wages and benefits from missed hours or days at work
- Projected losses in your lifetime earning capacity, if you suffer permanent injuries
- The intangible costs of the pain and suffering you endured due to your injuries
- The costs of repairing or replacing damaged vehicles or other personal property
- Out-of-pocket expenses, such as mileage costs for doctor’s appointments
Common Types and Causes of Car Accidents in North Providence
Here are some of the most common types of car crashes that occur in North Providence:
- Rear-end accidents – A rear-end accident occurs when the front end of one vehicle collides with the rear end of the car in front.
- Head-on collisions – A head-on or frontal collision occurs when two vehicles traveling in opposite directions collide front-first.
- Sideswipe crashes – A sideswipe crash occurs when the side of one car scrapes the side of another vehicle traveling in the same or the opposite direction.
- T-bone accidents – A T-bone or broadside accident occurs when the front end of one vehicle collides with the side of another, resulting in T-shaped wreckage.
- Rollover accidents – A rollover accident occurs when a vehicle tips over and lands on its side or continues rolling over and lands on its roof.
And here are some of the most common causes of these various types of motor vehicle collisions in Rhode Island:
- Distracted driving
- Texting while driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Driver fatigue
- Driving too fast for conditions
- Following too closely for conditions
- Failure to check blind spots
- Failure to yield the right of way
- Running red lights and stop signs
- Improper turning or merging
- Driver inexperience
- Defective car components
- Poor road conditions
Common Injuries from Car Accidents in North Providence
Even a relatively minor, low-speed car accident can leave vehicle occupants with painful, life-changing injuries. Common car crash injuries in North Providence include:
- Head and neck injuries
- Facial injuries and dental trauma
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Back and shoulder injuries
- Spinal cord injuries (SCIs)
- Partial or total paralysis
- Chest and abdominal injuries
- Internal bleeding
- Arm, elbow, wrist, and hand injuries
- Dislocated and broken bones
- Permanent scarring and disfigurement
- Amputation and loss of limb
- Bruises, lacerations, and puncture wounds
- Soft tissue strains, sprains, and tears
- Leg, knee, ankle, and foot injuries
- Thermal, chemical, and friction burns
- Emotional and psychological injuries
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Wrongful death
Do You Have a Car Accident Case?
If you were injured in a Rhode Island car accident, you might have grounds for an injury claim against the other party if:
- You were not at fault for the accident. You can claim compensation from an insurance claim against the at-fault driver, but the compensation you recover can be reduced if you contributed to the crash in some way.
- You suffered significant physical or emotional injuries. To have a valid case, you must have sustained injuries, whether physical or emotional.
- The other driver has liability insurance coverage. Regardless of the severity of your injuries or property damage, it doesn’t make sense to file a claim against someone without insurance. Unless they are independently wealthy, chances are they won’t be able to pay you, even if you have a strong claim.
Statute of Limitations for Car Crash Claims in Rhode Island
If you wish to file a personal injury lawsuit after a Rhode Island car accident, you should know that you have just three years from the crash date. If you wait to file your lawsuit after the three-year deadline, the court will most likely dismiss your case. That’s why working with an experienced attorney from day one is so important.