Auto Accident Lawyers in Pawtucket, RI
Were you severely injured in a car accident in Pawtucket? If so, the car accident attorneys of Bottaro Injury Lawyers want to hear from you. We know how devastating an injury accident can be. That’s why we’re committed to helping people who’ve been injured in collisions in our community seek answers and fair compensation.
If you were severely hurt in a wreck, you might be dealing with costly medical bills for treatment and rehabilitation. You might have also missed considerable time from work and lost crucial wages. You might be dealing with a disabling condition, leaving you unable to work and dealing with physical pain, emotional distress, and reduced quality of life.
If another party’s negligence injured you, let a Pawtucket car accident attorney from Bottaro Injury Lawyers go to work to demand the financial compensation and accountability you deserve.
At our firm, we understand that every second counts after a collision. Evidence critical to your case could be lost or destroyed in the hours and days after the accident. All the while, the insurance companies will be working to deny or diminish your injury claim. For that reason, our legal team and staff are ready 24/7 to take your call, and we’ll work quickly to secure the evidence necessary to build a convincing case on your behalf.
Our legal team has decades of combined experience that includes a successful track record of winning millions of dollars in compensation for our clients at the negotiating table and court. We follow our guiding principle of always doing the right thing for you, our client. Our firm offers a No Fee Guarantee so that you won’t have to worry about paying upfront retainers or hidden fees during this challenging time. Instead, our firm is paid only when we win compensation for you through a settlement or at trial.
After a car accident, turn to a Pawtucket car accident attorney from Bottaro Injury Lawyers for a free initial case review.
Do You Have a Car Accident Case?
You might have a valid injury claim in Pawtucket if you were involved in a car accident that resulted in severe injuries and someone else was at fault. It’s vital to understand that you can only seek compensation from the other party if their negligence caused the crash.
That means that someone’s actions or failure to act directly caused the crash and your injuries. That could be carelessness or recklessness on the part of another driver or from another entity, such as defective parts or vehicle design, that might make the manufacturer liable. Or, negligent government maintenance of the roads could cause a crash, and you could have a claim against that entity.
A car accident claim against a negligent party could provide compensation for expenses and losses that you’ve incurred due to the crash.
Benefits of Hiring a Pawtucket Car Accident Lawyer
Many victims of car accidents face significant challenges in recovering the compensation they need and deserve. When you hire a Pawtucket car accident lawyer from Bottaro Injury Lawyers, an experienced trial attorney can:
- Take the time to listen to your story and understand your needs, goals, and concerns.
- Thoroughly investigate the accident you were involved in to determine which driver or drivers caused the crash and identify other parties who may be held liable for your injuries and losses.
- Determine the applicable insurance coverages in your case, including whether you may need to turn to uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage in your auto policy.
- Document the full extent of your expenses and losses from the accident so that we can confidently pursue compensation for you.
- Consult expert witnesses to help us persuasively argue the technical aspects of your case.
- Discuss your legal rights and options with you and advise you on the best course of action at each stage of your case.
- File insurance claims on your behalf and seek fair compensation for you through a negotiated settlement, if possible.
- Take your case to court when litigation becomes necessary. While most cases settle long before a lawsuit or trial is needed, we’ll be prepared to fight to secure the financial recovery you need and deserve.
What Compensation Can Be Recovered?
If someone else’s negligence injured you, you could be entitled to recover compensation for losses that you have sustained in the crash, including:
- Costs of medical treatment of your injuries, such as hospital bills, doctor’s office visit costs, physical and occupational rehab, prescription medications, and purchases of medical and mobility equipment
- Loss of wages or income when you miss work to treat and rehabilitate your injuries
- Loss of future earning capacity and employment benefits, if you are permanently disabled and are unable to return to your former position
- Costs of long-term care for permanent disabilities that you suffered, such as for home health care services
- Physical pain and emotional suffering that results from the trauma of the accident or your physical injuries and subsequent medical treatment and rehabilitation
- Loss of quality of life due to difficulties with daily living or participating in activities you previously enjoyed
- Repairs to your car or the pre-accident cash value of your vehicle if it was totaled
How Is Fault Determined after an Auto Accident?
The North Smithfield auto accident lawyers of Bottaro Injury Lawyers thoroughly investigate car accidents that our clients have been involved in to recover evidence that we can use to show who bears fault for the crash and our clients’ losses. The evidence we use to build compelling cases on behalf of our clients include:
- Police accident reports
- Records from criminal or traffic violation proceedings
- Cell phone logs from the drivers involved in the accident
- Witness testimony
- Post-accident scene photos and video
- Footage of the crash captured by surveillance cameras, traffic cameras, or dashcams
- Post-accident inspection and car repair reports
- Expert accident reconstruction reports
- Medical records from the treatment and rehabilitation of your injuries.
Time Limit for Filing a Car Accident Lawsuit
When you have a car accident claim, you should not delay preparing and pursuing your case. Rhode Island’s statute of limitations on car accident claims gives you only three years from the date of a crash to file a lawsuit against the liable parties.
Filing a suit after the statute of limitations has run on your car accident claim means the court will likely dismiss your case as untimely, which will cause you to lose your right to hold those at fault for the accident accountable. That’s why you need to speak to a Pawtucket car accident attorney as soon as possible to begin the process of preparing and filing your car accident claim.
Common Car Accident Injury Cases We Handle
Our firm can help you pursue financial recovery after sustaining car accident injuries such as:
- Lacerations, abrasions, avulsions, and burns
- Dislocated joints
- Ligament sprains
- Tendon and muscle strains
- Soft tissue tears
- Broken bones
- Traumatic amputation
- Neck and back injuries, including whiplash
- Spinal injuries and paralysis
- Head and facial injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Internal organ injuries and internal bleeding
Be sure to seek medical attention right away. Any delay in getting treatment could result in a worsening of your condition. Getting treatment immediately will protect your health and create an official medical record, which could help your case.
Common Types of Car Accidents in Pawtucket
Some of the types of car accidents that occur most frequently in Pawtucket include:
- Sideswipe collisions
- T-bone collisions
- Head-on collisions
- Rear-end collisions
- Pile-ups and multi-vehicle accidents
- Single-vehicle accidents
- Interstate and highway accidents
- Intersection accidents
- Parking lot and parking garage accidents
- Uber and Lyft accidents
- Distracted driving accidents
- Drunk driver accidents
- Hit-and-run accidents
- Uninsured driver accidents
What to Do After a Car Accident
After a car accident, protect your rights by taking the following steps:
- See your primary physician or another medical provider as soon as possible to get examined for any injuries that you may have sustained in the crash. Follow all treatment instructions that your doctors give you.
- Use your cell phone to take photos or video of the accident scene, if possible, including damage to the vehicles involved in the crash, the traffic signals and controls at the scene, weather, lighting, traffic and road conditions, and any visible injuries you suffered.
- Document your expenses and other financial losses from the accident by keeping bills, invoices, receipts, and copies of pay stubs or income statements if you are kept out of work after the accident.
- Record the pain and reduced life quality you experience in a diary or journal during your treatment and rehabilitation after the crash.
- Try to stay off social media during your medical recovery and your legal case, not discussing the accident or your injuries or posting photos or videos of yourself participating in activities that you claim your injuries would prevent you from doing.
- Speak with a car accident attorney in Pawtucket from Bottaro Injury Lawyers to protect your rights and interests after a crash.
Get Help from a Trusted Pawtucket Car Accident Lawyer Now
If you have been injured in a car accident caused by someone else’s negligence, contact the Pawtucket car accident lawyers at Bottaro Injury Lawyers today. We provide no-cost consultations to people who’ve been injured, and we want to hear from you.