Experienced Bus Accident Lawyers Serving Rhode Island and Massachusetts
Bus accidents are surprisingly common. When you consider how often we let the most precious people in the world — our children — board a bus, the relatively high rate of bus accident injuries becomes all the more alarming.
Of course, as with any other vehicle, bus accidents range in severity. Some are minor “fender benders,” which may still cause compensable injury, though on a smaller scale. Others are catastrophic, resulting in massive injuries and enormous lawsuit payouts. Sadly, some bus accidents even end in death.
Buses are unique in that they have a tendency to very quickly impact a very large number of victims. The same accident can bring harm to both the people inside the bus and those in the other cars around it.
If you or a loved one has suffered injury or death in a bus accident, you need a lawyer who understands the intricacies of Rhode Island and Massachusetts bus law. An attorney who practices primarily in routine auto accidents may not be sufficiently familiar with the complexities of bus accident litigation and the intersecting areas of law that these cases can involve.
As experienced RI bus accident lawyers, we are keenly aware of the dangers present in the bus setting. We understand that the injuries in these cases run the gamut, and that even seemingly “moderate” injuries can profoundly interrupt your life. It is our belief that you are entitled to recover monetarily for those damages under state law.
The Bottaro Law Firm, LLC is a widely respected Rhode Island personal injury law firm dedicated to representing unfairly injured Rhode Islanders and Massachusettsans.
With offices available in both states, we are well-prepared to work with you on a personal, one-on-one basis and ensure that we are meeting your needs and pursuing your goals. Our mission is always to achieve the best possible financial outcome for you and your family — and thanks to our “No Fee Guarantee,” we don’t charge any fees unless and until we win your case.
The Most Common Types of Bus Accident Injuries
Among the more common types of bus accident injuries are:
- Soft tissue injuries
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI) and related head trauma
- Fractured bones
- Broken bones
- Emotional distress
- Impaired vision or hearing
- Severe burns from bus fires or explosions
- Internal bleeding or organ damage
- Wrongful death
- Much more
No two bus accidents are the same. At The Bottaro Law Firm, LLC, we understand that every injury is unique, and so too is the impact those injuries may have on your life.
You can count on our experienced RI bus accident attorneys to listen to you and make a compelling case for the suffering you’ve experienced. Even whiplash by itself can cause real hardship in your life. We are prepared to fight for the compensation you’re owed. We invite you to call us to learn more.
Why Are Bus Accidents So Dangerous?
Riding a bus differs from other popular modes of transportation in a few key respects, and several of those heighten the magnitude of potential danger while aboard. Among the unique factors increasing the risk of danger in bus accidents are:
- The absence of seatbelts
- The absence of airbags
- The close proximity of the knees, neck, chin, and head to the seatback immediately in front of you
- The fact that many bus passengers stand while the bus is in motion
- The ability to roam freely about the bus while traveling at high speeds
- The lack of experience that bus drivers sometimes have when assuming such an enormous responsibility
- Buses’ high center of gravity, making them significant rollover risks
- Poor bus maintenance, which cities and school districts don’t always make a priority due to budget concerns
- General confusion among some motorists as to the rules of the road relevant to buses
- Interior floor surfaces that may become slippery when wet
- A large volume of highly flammable fuel
- Heavy cargo, which may share the same space as the passengers, often with little or no restraint
- The sheer size and weight of the bus
Get Legal Help from Our Experienced RI Bus Accident Lawyers
When you hire The Bottaro Law Firm, you are entitled to our “No Fee Guarantee,” which ensures you will never have to pay any upfront costs or fees unless and until we win your case.
If you or someone you love has been injured or killed, please contact us as soon as possible to set up a free consultation with our experienced RI bus accident attorneys. Please remember that we offer representation in Massachusetts as well, and have offices conveniently located throughout both states.
Time limits do apply to these claims, so please do not delay. Contact us as soon as possible.