Massachusetts Car Accident Lawyer
Were you injured in a car accident in Massachusetts? Did someone else’s carelessness behind the wheel cause you harm? If so, you have rights and legal options. You shouldn’t have to pay for someone else’s mistakes.
Massachusetts car accident lawyer Mike Bottaro and the team at Bottaro Law have recovered millions for our clients. We are ready to fight for the full and fair compensation you deserve. Our job is to explain the process and protect you from the dangers of talking to anyone or completing any paperwork without the benefit of legal representation. We have earned our reputation for treating people right by dealing in honesty and hard work to get our clients great results.
Contact us today for a free consultation with a car accident attorney in Massachusetts. You don’t have to worry about lawyer bills or retainers because we have an exclusive No Fee Guarantee® — a promise that you don’t pay us until we win your case. Because we work on commission, our interests are the same as yours – getting you the most for your case while we help you with compassion and understanding.
Do I Need a Lawyer After a Massachusetts Car Accident?
If another driver hits you and causes severe injuries, you should speak to our attorneys immediately. Your no-fault insurance will cover some of your medical costs, but it may not be enough to meet all your needs. You could find yourself in a tough financial situation without help from a car accident lawyer.
Some ways our Massachusetts car accident attorney can help with your case are:
- Explaining and helping you navigate the insurance system
- Identifying who is liable for your injuries
- Gathering evidence to establish liability and document your injuries
- Filing your claim correctly and on time
- Handling the insurance companies
- Fighting for your interests in settlement negotiations
- Taking your case to court, if necessary
If you suffer severe injuries in a crash, our car accident lawyers can help you go around the no-fault insurance system and seek compensation for:
- All your medical bills and lost wages
- Your reduced future earnings due to a disability
- Your pain and suffering and diminished quality of life
- Your emotional distress
- Your damaged personal property
Auto Insurance Coverage Requirements in Massachusetts
According to the Massachusetts Division of Insurance, all drivers in the state must have four types of auto insurance coverage:
- Personal Injury Protection (PIP) coverage – PIP coverage is a no-fault benefit that covers your medical bills, 75 percent of your lost wages, and certain other expenses after a collision without regard to who was to blame for the crash. The limit for PIP benefits in Massachusetts is $8,000. PIP benefits cover you, your passengers, anyone who drives your car, and anyone in your household.
- Bodily injury coverage – Bodily injury coverage protects you or someone else driving your car from legal liability if another person sustains an injury or dies in a crash. You must have at least $20,000 per person and $40,000 per accident in bodily injury coverage.
- Property damage coverage – Property damage coverage covers any damage to someone else’s property that you or someone driving your car causes in a collision. Your auto insurance policy must include at least $5,000 in property damage coverage.
- Uninsured motorist (UM) coverage – UM coverage covers you and others in your vehicle for injuries caused by an uninsured driver in a crash. UM coverage also covers injuries caused by hit-and-run drivers. Your auto insurance policy must include at least $20,000 per person and $40,000 per accident in UM coverage.