Auto Accident Lawyers in North Smithfield, RI
Car accidents can be physically, emotionally, and financially devastating. Lost wages due to missed work often compound the expense of medical bills. You may also be left with lingering pain and long-term disabilities, mental anguish, and a loss of your enjoyment or quality of life.
If someone else was responsible for the injuries and losses you suffered, you should not be left to pay for them out of pocket. A North Smithfield car accident attorney can help you pursue a legal claim for financial accountability and justice from the people who hurt you.
You need a dedicated advocate on your side, fighting to get you the money you’re owed. You need Bottaro Injury Lawyers. Our firm has successfully recovered millions of dollars in compensation for our clients through negotiated settlements and at trial.
We get to work quickly on each client’s case, investigating the car crash and offering tailored legal strategies to get the results they need and deserve. With our firm’s No Fee Guarantee, you will never need to worry about paying money upfront to secure help from an experienced lawyer, especially when the accident has already made your financial situation difficult. Instead, we are paid only when we secure compensation for you.
It’s time for you to “Get to Know Mike Bottaro.” Reach out to Bottaro Injury Lawyers today for a free initial case evaluation and find out how our North Smithfield car accident attorneys can make a difference in your case. Our firm’s staff is standing by 24/7 to help you seek the financial recovery you deserve and make our community a safer place for everyone.
Do You Have a Car Accident Case?
You might have a claim for compensation if you were hurt in an accident due to another driver’s careless or reckless error. You might also have a car accident case if you were hurt because of a defect in your vehicle or due to poor road conditions that resulted from negligent maintenance or design.
A viable car accident case also requires you to have incurred losses for which you can be compensated. These may include physical injury, lost income, property damage, and pain and suffering, for example.
Benefits of Hiring a North Smithfield Car Accident Lawyer
If you’ve suffered injuries in a car accident in North Smithfield, you need an effective legal advocate who will take on the insurance companies to pursue the compensation you need. You can trust that your North Smithfield car accident lawyer from Bottaro Injury Lawyers will:
- Investigate the car crash you were involved in to find all available evidence for your case.
- Collaborate with accident reconstruction experts to review this evidence and determine how the collision occurred
- Identify who caused the accident and who can be held liable for your injuries and losses.
- Calculate the full extent of your past, ongoing, and future anticipated expenses and losses so that we know the dollar amount of a full and fair recovery.
- Take time to discuss your rights and options with you in detail, helping you understand what to expect and advising you on the best path forward at each stage of your car accident claim.
- File your claims with the insurance companies.
- Aggressively pursue settlement negotiations to seek a fair and full financial recovery on your behalf.
- Take your case to trial if doing so becomes necessary to secure accountability and justice from those at fault for the accident and your injuries.
What Compensation Can Be Recovered?
After you’ve been injured in a car accident that was caused by someone else, you may be entitled to recover compensation for expenses and losses that you suffered as a result, including for:
- Medical expenses for emergency care, hospitalization, physical and occupational therapy, doctor’s office visits, prescriptions, and medical and mobility devices and equipment
- Long-term care expenses needed to help you cope with permanent disabilities that impact your daily life
- Past, ongoing, and future loss of wages, income, and employment benefits, if injuries or disabilities keep you out of full-time work
- Physical pain
- Emotional distress
- Reduced quality of life due to disabilities or visible scarring/disfigurement
- Costs to repair or replace your car
Every car accident case is unique. An experienced car crash lawyer in North Smithfield can review yours and determine the types of compensation you can claim.
How Is Fault Determined after an Auto Accident?
At Bottaro Injury Lawyers, our North Smithfield auto accident attorneys use various evidence to help us identify who caused the accident and who can be held liable for your injuries and losses. These kinds of evidence often include:
- Police accident reports
- Traffic and criminal summons records
- Accident scene photos and videos
- Eyewitness testimony
- Drivers’ cell phone logs
- Surveillance and traffic camera footage
- Post-accident vehicle inspection and repair reports
- Medical records from the treatment of your injuries
- Expert-prepared accident reconstruction reports
Time Limit for Filing a Car Accident Lawsuit in North Smithfield
After a car accident, you need to move quickly to pursue your rights to recover compensation for your injuries and losses. Under Rhode Island’s statute of limitations, you have only three years from the date of a car accident to file suit against an at-fault driver or other liable parties.
Filing suit after the limitations period has expired on your claim risks the trial court permanently dismissing your case as untimely. If this happens, you will lose the opportunity to seek financial recovery from the driver or other party responsible for your injuries and losses.
Common Types of Car Accidents in North Smithfield
Many different types of car accidents occur in North Smithfield, each resulting from a unique set of circumstances. However, many accidents can be grouped into certain broad types, including:
- Rear-end collisions
- Head-on collisions
- Sideswipe collisions
- T-bone collisions
- Single-vehicle accidents
- Pile-up accidents
- Highway and interstate accidents
- Intersection accidents
- Parking lot accidents
- Distracted driving accidents
- Drunk and drugged driving accidents
- Hit-and-run accidents
- Uninsured and underinsured driver accidents
- Uber and Lyft accidents
What to Do After a Car Accident
After you have been involved in a car accident, taking the following steps can protect your legal rights to recover compensation for your injuries and property damage:
- See a doctor soon after the accident to get checked for injuries caused by the crash. Remember to follow any treatment instructions that you receive from your providers.
- Document the accident scene by taking photos or videos with a cell phone, if possible. Try to photograph details such as damage to the cars involved in the crash, skid marks on the road, traffic signals and controls at the scene, and any visible injuries you sustained.
- Preserve copies of bills, invoices, and receipts for medical expenses, vehicle repairs, and other costs you incur because of the accident. Have copies of your pay stubs or income statements on hand if you miss time from work following the car crash.
- Start a journal to record the impact that your injuries and medical recovery have on your quality of life.
- Don’t discuss the accident or your legal claim on social media. Also, avoid posting photos or videos of yourself on social media while still undergoing treatment for your injuries. Insurers will look for any way to protect their profits. They often monitor car accident victims’ social media accounts to see if any of posts contradict the official statements they have made in their car accident claims.
- Be sure to speak with a car accident attorney in North Smithfield to learn what else you can do to improve your chances of recovering full compensation for your injuries.