Standing Strong for Accident Victims in North Smithfield
The attorneys of Bottaro Injury Lawyers believe that injured accident victims deserve dedicated, vigorous legal representation to advocate for their rights and interests. When you turn to our firm after being injured in an accident in North Smithfield, you can expect us to:
- Leave no stone unturned in investigating the underlying facts and circumstances of your injury, securing critical evidence we can use in your case.
- Take the time to understand your needs, goals, and concerns, and to discuss your rights and options as well as the personal injury claim process.
- Document your injuries and losses to make sure we pursue a full financial recovery for you.
- Identify all parties that can be held liable for your injuries.
- Retain expert witnesses where needed to persuasively explain technical aspects of your accident claim.
- File your claim with the at-fault parties and relevant insurers.
- Aggressively pursue a negotiated settlement that can provide you with fair and full compensation.
- Take your claims to court and pursue your case all the way to trial if necessary.
Demanding Full Value for Your Personal Injury Case
At Bottaro Injury Lawyers, a North Smithfield personal injury lawyer is ready to fight to recover the full value of your personal injury case, which may include:
- Costs of medical treatment, including emergency care, surgeries and other procedures, physical and occupational therapy, and prescription medications
- Long-term care expenses if you sustain permanent disabilities that impact your ability to take care of daily tasks of living
- Loss of wages or income when you miss work while recovering from your injuries
- Loss of future earning ability, along with lost employment benefits like insurance or pensions, if you are partially or totally disabled from working in gainful employment
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment and quality of life due to visible scarring and disfigurement, disabilities interfering with daily activities, or reduced life expectancy caused by your injuries
Time Is Limited to File a Personal Injury Claim
If you have a personal injury claim in North Smithfield, you have limited time to begin pursuing your right to compensation. In Rhode Island, the statute of limitations requires you to file a personal injury lawsuit within three years of the date that you suffered your injuries.
If you file suit after this three-year period has passed, the party or parties from whom you are seeking compensation will likely file a motion with the court to dismiss your case as untimely. If granted, you will lose your opportunity to seek financial recovery for your injuries.
Tips for Protecting Your Rights After an Accident in North Smithfield
When you have been involved in an accident in North Smithfield, you need to act quickly to protect your rights and options for pursuing a personal injury claim. You can do so by taking the following steps:
- Document the accident and your injuries, ideally right afterward, by using a cell phone to take photos or video.
- See a doctor as soon as possible to get examined for any injuries you sustained.
- Follow your doctor’s and other healthcare providers’ treatment instructions and recommendations. Do not delay or put off recommended care.
- Retain bills, invoices, and receipts for expenses you incur due to the accident and your injuries. Also, have copies of your pay stub or other income statements if you missed time from work after the accident.
- Keep a journal to document your recovery from your injuries, focusing on the pain and the difficulties that your injuries and medical treatment caused you.
- Contact a North Smithfield personal injury lawyer from Bottaro Injury Lawyers as soon as possible to go over the next steps to take in pursuing your rights.
Talk to a North Smithfield Personal Injury Attorney Now
If you have been injured in an accident through no fault of your own in North Smithfield, Rhode Island, you deserve financial recovery for your losses. Contact Bottaro Injury Lawyers today for a free initial consultation to talk with a North Smithfield personal injury attorney. Our firm is ready to pursue justice and financial compensation in your personal injury case.