Standing Strong for Accident Victims in Providence
With a Providence personal injury attorney from Bottaro Injury Lawyers on your side, you can rest assured that you have an advocate who will fight as hard as necessary for the best possible results in your personal injury case. Our legal team stands strong for accident victims in Providence and throughout Rhode Island by:
- Vigorously pursuing a full, independent investigation of our clients’ cases to secure all available evidence, including accident scene photos, police records, accident reports, and eyewitness statements
- Ensuring our clients understand their rights and options for pursuing financial recovery, along with what they can expect to occur at each stage of their case
- Calculating the full extent of our clients’ expenses and losses to determine what full compensation looks like for them
- Retaining expert witnesses, when needed, to help prepare an effective, persuasive argument in a client’s case
- Filing insurance claims that demand compensation from the at-fault, liable parties
- Negotiating for a settlement that provides our clients with a fair and full financial recovery
- Pursuing our clients’ rights and interests in court and at trial when litigation becomes necessary to fight for the best outcome in a client’s case
Bottaro Injury Lawyers has decades of legal experience and a successful track record of representing the injured throughout Rhode Island and Massachusetts. To pursue the best results for you, we focus only on personal injury law. Our guiding principle is simple: Do the right thing for you, our client.
Demanding Full Value for Your Personal Injury Case
If you have been injured due to someone else’s legal fault, you may be entitled to demand personal injury compensation for your expenses and losses, such as:
- Medical bills and invoices, including for emergency room treatment and hospitalization, prescription medications, physical rehabilitation, or purchases of medical devices and equipment
- Long-term care expenses, such as for home health care services, to help when you suffer permanent disabilities due to your injuries
- Lost income from missed work while treating and recovering from accident injuries
- Loss of earning capacity and employment benefits when disabilities render you unable to return to full-time work after an accident
- Physical pain
- Emotional trauma and distress
- Visible and extensive scarring or disfigurement
- Physical and cognitive disabilities that interfere with daily living or enjoyment of activities
- Reduced life expectancy
Time Is Limited to File a Personal Injury Claim
When you decide to file a personal injury lawsuit to recover compensation from those at fault for injuring you, you only have a certain amount of time to file your lawsuit. Under Rhode Island’s statute of limitations for personal injury cases, you typically have just three years from the date you were injured to file suit.
If you file after the statute of limitations has passed on your personal injury claim, the parties you sued can file a motion with the court to permanently dismiss your claim.
Tips for Protecting Your Rights After an Accident in Providence
Following an accident in Providence, you should remember to take these steps to help protect your right to recover compensation in a personal injury claim:
- See a doctor for a physical exam as soon as possible after the accident to have any injuries you sustained in the accident promptly diagnosed. Follow all treatment instructions that your doctor and other providers give you.
- Take photos or video of the accident scene as soon as possible, ideally immediately following the accident, to document details of the scene. Also take photos of any visible injuries you suffered.
- Keep copies of your medical bills and records from your treatment, along with other bills, invoices, and receipts from other expenses you incur due to the accident. In addition, make sure to have copies of your pay stubs or other income records if you miss work or are permanently disabled from working.
- Avoid discussing the accident, your injuries, or your personal injury claim on social media. Also avoid posting photos or videos of yourself while still treating or rehabilitating your injuries. Insurers have been known to monitor injury victims’ social media accounts for posts they can use to try to contradict an injury victim’s official claims.
- Speak to a Providence personal injury lawyer from Bottaro Injury Lawyers to learn what further steps you and our firm can take to pursue your rights to financial recovery for your injuries.
Talk to a Providence Personal Injury Attorney Now
We’ve helped numerous injury victims in Rhode Island and Massachusetts, and we’re proud to call Providence, Rhode Island our home. Our main office is located west of the Providence River, just off the Providence River Bridge ramp (I-195).
If you or someone you care about has been injured in an accident or due to someone else’s negligence, contact the experienced personal injury attorneys at Bottaro Injury Lawyers. We’re available to contact 24/7. Contact us by phone at (401) 777-7777, or you can contact us online for a free initial case evaluation with a Providence personal injury attorney.