Taxi Accident Attorney in Rhode Island
When you get into a taxi in Rhode Island, you are putting your safety in the driver’s hands – and it does not always work out for passengers.
Taxi drivers work long hours and put a lot of wear and tear on their vehicles, making an accident more likely. Even if a taxi driver is as careful as possible and keeps their vehicle in good condition, you could still end up in an accident due to another driver’s carelessness. No matter how a taxi accident happens, victims are frequently left with severe injuries and expensive medical bills.
The Rhode Island taxi accident lawyers at Bottaro Law want to help if you were injured in a crash involving a taxi that wasn’t your fault. Our firm only works on personal injury cases. That focus helps us provide the best possible service to our clients. If you hire our firm to represent you, we will make the process as painless as possible while aggressively upholding your rights.
Contact us today for a free case review.
How Common Are Taxi Accidents in Rhode Island?
According to the latest Strategic Highway Safety Plan from the Rhode Island Department of Transportation, 67 people died, and another 287 people suffered serious injuries in car accidents statewide during one recent year. Unfortunately, there is no information on how many of these injuries and fatalities occurred in taxi accidents, though it is safe to say the number is greater than zero.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics reports 47 fatal injuries to taxi drivers and chauffeurs across the country in one recent year, and 25 of those fatalities were attributed to “roadway incidents.”
Types of Injuries That May Result from Rhode Island Taxi Accidents
As with any car crash, a taxi accident can cause severe injuries to anyone involved. Those injuries might include:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries, including paraplegia and quadriplegia
- Neck injuries
- Back injuries
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Severed, crushed, or amputated limbs
- Injuries to internal organs
- Internal bleeding
- Broken bones
- Soft-tissue injuries
- Psychological distress
- Wrongful death
What Types of Damages Are Available to Taxi Accident Victims?
A taxi accident can cause serious injuries, significant financial losses, and severe emotional distress, taking a considerable toll on all aspects of your life. But by hiring a Rhode Island taxi accident attorney, you may be able to recover compensation for many of these losses, including:
- Medical bills (hospital stays, doctor’s appointments, prescription drugs, lab tests, diagnostic imaging, physical therapy, etc.)
- Lost wages while you are healing from the accident
- Reduced future earnings due to a long-term disability
- Pain from your injuries
- Emotional and psychological distress related to the accident (anxiety, depression, suicidal thoughts, nightmares, flashbacks, PTSD, etc.)
- Cost of transportation to attend your doctor’s appointments
- Personal property damaged in the accident