Truck Accident Lawyers in Warwick, RI
Were you injured in an accident involving a semi-truck in Warwick, Rhode Island? Was the truck driver, trucking company, or someone else at fault? If so, you might be owed significant compensation for the injuries and losses you have suffered as a result – compensation that a Warwick truck accident attorney can help you pursue.
The attorneys of Bottaro Injury Lawyers are dedicated to fighting for injured accident victims in Warwick and throughout Rhode Island. We understand how devastating truck accidents can be and how long and arduous they are to recover from. That’s why we are prepared to fight for justice and financial compensation on your behalf, allowing you to focus on your health and well-being.
Our firm’s No Fee Guarantee means you do not need to worry about paying money upfront to hire a lawyer for your case. You will pay us only if and when we secure you compensation through a negotiated settlement or a verdict at trial.
If you have been injured in a Warwick truck accident due to someone else’s careless or reckless behavior, turn to Bottaro Injury Lawyers for help. We offer free initial consultations, which means there’s no risk to discussing your legal rights and options with a knowledgeable Warwick truck accident lawyer.
Do You Have a Truck Accident Claim?
You may have the right to recover compensation after a truck accident caused by the careless or reckless actions of a truck driver or the negligent, reckless, or unlawful decisions of a trucking company or another party. You may also have a claim if the accident occurred because a defective truck part or inadequate maintenance led to the truck’s mechanical failure.
Why Truck Accident Cases Are More Complicated
Truck accident cases are often more complicated than other types of traffic accident claims for several reasons, including:
- Truck accidents often cause more severe injuries. Big rigs are massive, which means the force they exert in the event of a collision with another vehicle often leads to severe injuries for that vehicle’s occupants. Severe injuries make a truck accident claim more complicated because they result in expensive medical care, which leads to larger and more complex claims for compensation. In addition, severe and long-term injuries mean a compensation award will need to include a reasonable estimate of future expenses and losses.
- Truck accidents can injure many more people. Truck crashes on busy highways can involve multiple vehicles, injuring many different people. With multiple injured victims demanding compensation, the legal process can become very complex.
- Truck accident investigations involve a lot of evidence. Trucking industry regulations require truck drivers and trucking companies to maintain a lot of documentation – documentation that will need to be reviewed as evidence in the event of a truck accident.
- Trucking companies may have complicated insurance coverage. Some trucking companies use layered insurance structures, in which some policies are not triggered until coverage in another policy is exhausted. This can make it difficult to determine how much coverage may be available to compensate a truck accident victim.
Benefits of Hiring a Warwick Truck Accident Lawyer
If you’ve been injured in a crash with an 18-wheeler, you should be focused on your physical and mental recovery, not on fighting a powerful trucking company and its insurers to get the compensation you deserve. A dedicated Warwick truck accident lawyer can advocate for your rights and interests and pursue financial recovery on your behalf.
When you choose Bottaro Injury Lawyers to help with your truck accident case, you can trust our firm to:
- Conduct a full, independent investigation of the accident to secure all available evidence.
- Consult with accident reconstruction and trucking experts to provide us with technical opinions that can help build a compelling, persuasive argument for your claim to compensation.
- Document your injuries and losses so that you know what fair compensation entails.
- Review the evidence to identify what parties can be held liable for your injuries.
- Identify available insurance coverage and financial resources to compensate you for your losses.
- Discuss your legal rights and options with you and advise you on the best course of action at each stage of your case.
- Pursue a settlement with the insurers to secure fair and full compensation on your behalf.
- Advocate your case in court and at trial if litigation becomes necessary to obtain maximum compensation in your case.
What Compensation Can Be Recovered?
You may be entitled to financial compensation for the injuries and losses you suffered due to an accident with an 18-wheeler in Warwick. Fair truck accident compensation in your case may include:
- Expenses incurred by medical treatment and rehabilitation
- Expenses for long-term care that may be required if you suffered permanent disabilities
- Reimbursement of lost wages or income if you miss work after an accident
- Payment of future expected earnings if you become permanently disabled from returning to your job or to full-time work
- Payment for physical pain and emotional distress
- Compensation for lost enjoyment and quality of life due to your injuries and their long-term consequences
- Reimbursement of repair bills for your vehicle or payment of the pre-crash value of your vehicle if it was totaled in the accident
How Is Fault Determined in a Truck Accident Case?
The actual cause of a truck accident may be unclear at first because of the many factors that could be involved. For that reason, our Warwick truck accident law firm conducts an in-depth investigation into each truck accident case we handle. We review all available evidence to determine who is at fault for our clients’ injuries and losses. This evidence often includes:
- The hours-of-service logs of the truck driver, which record when the driver is driving or on duty
- The logs of the truck’s electronic data recorder, a “black box” device that records information about the truck’s operation
- The truck driver’s employment and driving records
- The results of an alcohol and drug screening if one is performed on the truck driver following the accident
- Inspection and maintenance records for the truck
- The truck’s cargo or load manifest
- Surveillance or traffic camera footage of the accident
- Post-accident vehicle inspection and repair records
- Eyewitness statements
- Accident scene photos and videos
- Police accident records and traffic or regulatory citations issued to the truck driver or trucking company
Who Can Be Held Liable for a Truck Accident in Warwick, Rhode Island?
Many different individuals and organizations may be held liable for a truck accident, depending on the circumstances. Responsible parties could include:
- The truck driver
- The trucking company
- The owner of the truck (if different from the truck driver or trucking company)
- Third-party mechanics that service the truck
- The freight broker or cargo company
- The truck’s manufacturer
- Third-party manufacturers of parts used on the truck, such as tires or brakes
Statute of Limitations on Truck Accident Lawsuits in Rhode Island
Under Rhode Island’s statute of limitations on truck accident lawsuits, you are typically required to file suit within three years of the crash. If you file suit after the statute of limitations has expired on your claim, the parties you have sued can move to permanently dismiss your case as untimely. If this happens, you will likely have lost your ability to hold them responsible for the damage they have caused.
Common Truck Accident Injuries
Truck accidents often lead to debilitating and life-altering injuries, including:
- Abrasions and road rash
- Avulsions (injuries where the skin is torn away from underlying muscle and bone)
- Bone fractures
- Ligament sprains
- Muscle and tendon strains
- Soft tissue tears
- Nerve damage
- Whiplash injury
- Herniation of spinal discs
- Spinal cord injury and paralysis
- Facial injuries, including eye and ear injuries
- Head injuries and TBI
- Crush injuries
- Internal organ damage and internal bleeding
- Traumatic amputation
How to Protect Your Rights after a Truck Accident in Warwick
If you have been involved in a truck accident in Warwick, you need to protect your rights to pursue financial compensation from the at-fault parties by:
- Seeing a doctor as soon as possible to be examined for injuries you sustained in the crash.
- Taking photos and videos of the accident scene using your smartphone, documenting vehicle damage, skid marks on the road, traffic controls at the scene, and visible injuries you may have suffered.
- Following your doctor’s treatment recommendations and instructions.
- Keeping copies of records of your expenses and lost wages incurred due to the accident, which document the extent of the financial losses you have suffered.
- Avoiding posting about the accident or your injuries on social media or posting photos or videos of yourself while still undergoing treatment since insurers often try to use accident victims’ social media posts to undercut their claims.
- Consulting with a truck accident attorney in Warwick as soon as possible to give yourself the best chance of recovering full and fair compensation for your losses.
Talk to an Experienced Warwick Truck Accident Lawyer Now
If you have been seriously injured in a crash with a semi-truck or big rig in Warwick, don’t wait to start your legal claim to compensation for the harm and loss that you have suffered. Contact Bottaro Injury Lawyers today for a free, no-obligation consultation to learn what an experienced Warwick truck accident lawyer can do to help you.