Standing Strong for Accident Victims in Warwick
When you’ve been injured in an accident in Warwick, you deserve experienced, effective legal advocacy. At Bottaro Injury Lawyers, our legal team works diligently to recover compensation for our clients by:
- Investigating the underlying facts and circumstances of our client’s cases to recover evidence we can use to prove who can be held liable to compensate our clients for their injuries.
- Documenting the expenses and losses our clients have incurred due to their injuries. We know what fair financial recovery looks like, and will fight to see that our clients receive it.
- Retaining accident reconstruction, engineering, medical, and financial experts to help us develop persuasive arguments regarding technical issues.
- Filing claims with the at-fault parties and insurance companies to aggressively pursue negotiations to reach a settlement that pays our clients maximum compensation.
- Filing a lawsuit to continue pursuing their claims when litigation becomes a necessary option to fight for the best possible result in a given case.
Demanding Full Value for Your Warwick Personal Injury Case
If you were injured through no fault of your own, you may be entitled to recover compensation for expenses and losses that you incur because of your injuries. A full financial recovery in your personal injury case should include:
- Costs of medical treatment and rehabilitation of injuries, including hospital bills, doctor’s appointments, prescriptions, medical and mobility device purchases, or physical and occupational therapy
- Long-term care expenses if you need care for permanent disabilities or other chronic health conditions caused by your injuries
- Lost income after missing time from work during your recovery from your injuries.
- Lost future earning capacity when you are permanently disabled from your pre-injury job or from any form of employment
- Physical pain and emotional distress caused by your injuries and medical recovery.
- Lost enjoyment or quality of life due to scarring and disfigurement, physical disabilities, or reduced life expectancy caused by your injuries
Time is Limited to File a Personal Injury Case
In Rhode Island, the statute of limitations places a time limit on filing a lawsuit in a personal injury case. Typically, you only have three years from the date of the incident that caused your injuries to file suit against the parties that harmed you.
If you wait until after the statute of limitations on your personal injury claim has expired to file a lawsuit, you face a substantial risk that the court will permanently dismiss your case as untimely. In this event, you will have lost your right to demand compensation from those at fault for your injuries.
Tips for Protecting Your Rights After an Accident in Warwick
What you do in the aftermath of an accident can affect your ability to receive just compensation for the losses you have suffered. If possible, take the following steps after an accident in Warwick:
- Document the scene of the accident and your injuries as soon as possible by taking, or asking someone else to take, cell phone photos or video of important, relevant details.
- Seek medical attention promptly for a physical exam to diagnose the injuries you suffered. Remember to take photos of any visible injuries.
- Keep copies of bills, invoices, and receipts for expenses you incurred due to the accident, along with copies of your pay stubs or income statements if you missed time from work.
- Keep a journal to detail how your injuries and medical treatment have negatively impacted your quality of life, including the pain you have suffered or daily tasks you have difficulty with.
- Speak to a Warwick personal injury lawyer from Bottaro Injury Lawyers to learn more about pursuing your legal rights to financial recovery for your injuries.
Talk to a Warwick Personal Injury Attorney Now
If you have suffered injuries in an accident through no fault of your own, contact Bottaro Injury Lawyers today for a free, no-obligation case review. Our Warwick personal injury attorneys are ready to discuss your legal rights and options for pursuing compensation from those at fault through a personal injury lawsuit.