Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyers in Rhode Island
Has a traumatic brain injury (TBI) left you struggling to pay your medical bills or keep up with basic living expenses? If someone else was at fault for the TBI, you deserve justice and compensation for your losses. The personal injury team at Bottaro Law is here to help you get it.
Our Rhode Island TBI lawyers understand just how devastating a brain injury can be, which is why we’re committed to fighting for your right to maximum compensation. We know what it takes to stand up to big insurance companies after a severe injury. Mike and his team at Bottaro Law are ready to fight for you while you focus on healing.
Contact us now for your free initial case review and learn more about how we can help. With our No Fee Guarantee®, you won’t pay us unless we get compensation for you.
Why You Need Mike and His Team After a TBI
If you or someone you love has suffered a traumatic brain injury, you need the best personal injury law firm that understands the unique challenges you face. At Bottaro Law, Mike and his experienced team have the resources necessary to handle every aspect of your TBI case, no matter how complex. Our team provides excellent legal representation for people who find themselves in positions like yours, and we are here to get you the maximum compensation you deserve.
We are a local law firm that cares about our clients. We limit our practice to representing only injured people, never big corporations. We treat our clients the way we would want to be treated after a serious injury, so you’ll never feel like just another case number.
We understand that traumatic accidents can happen at any time, and that’s why we offer 24/7 availability to our clients. So when you’re ready to tell us your story, contact us to get started with your free consultation by text, phone call, or contact us online.
Types of Brain Injuries
Here are some of the most common types of brain injuries we see in the TBI cases we handle here at Bottaro Law:
- Concussions – Less severe TBIs from blows or jolts to the head
- Contusions – Bruises on the soft tissue of the brain from impacts to the head
- Coup-contrecoup injuries – Twin injuries that occur on both sides of the brain
- Diffuse axonal injuries – Severe TBIs from twisting forces that damage nerves
- Penetrating head injuries – Severe TBIs that occur when an object enters the skull
- Hematomas – Masses of clotted blood that form in the brain after a TBI
- Hypoxic brain injuries – TBIs that occur due to a lack of oxygen to the brain
- Anoxic brain injuries – TBIs that occur when no oxygen flows to the brain
Common Causes of Traumatic Brain Injuries
A traumatic brain injury can occur in many different ways. Some common causes of TBIs include:
- Car accidents
- Uber & Lyft accidents
- Truck accidents
- Bus accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Boating accidents
- Unsafe premises
- Slips, trips, and falls
- Animal attacks
- Workplace accidents
- Dangerous products
- Nursing home abuse
- Medical malpractice
Long-Term Effects of Traumatic Brain Injury
A traumatic brain injury can have significant effects on your health, your quality of life, and your finances. Common long-term consequences of TBIs include:
- Cognitive deficits, such as memory loss
- Decreased attention and concentration
- Trouble with decision-making and problem-solving
- Mood disorders, such as depression and anxiety
- Sleep troubles like insomnia and inability to wake
- Chronic headaches, dizziness, and nausea
- Sensory changes, such as vision or hearing loss
- Trouble with speech, language, and communication
- Difficulty with movement and coordination
- Increased risk of seizure disorders
- Behavioral changes, such as increased aggression
- Trouble with daily activities like work and self-care
- Financial burdens from medical bills and lost income
When Can I Sue for a Brain Injury?
You might have grounds for a TBI lawsuit if another party’s negligent, careless, or intentional behavior caused your injuries. For instance, if you suffer a TBI in a car accident caused by a reckless driver, you could sue the driver and seek coverage from their insurance provider. Or if a medical provider caused your TBI by deviating from the standard of care, you could sue them or their employer.
Our experienced attorneys can help you navigate the legal process, prove another party is to blame for your TBI, and recover the compensation you need to move forward.
Determining Liability for a TBI in Rhode Island
If someone caused you to suffer a TBI, you have the right to hold them accountable for the consequences of their actions. Mike and his team at Bottaro Law can help you prove your case by using evidence like:
- Photos of visible injuries or related damage
- Video footage of the accident that caused the TBI
- Police accident reports or other incident reports
- Statements from eyewitnesses who saw you get hurt
- Testimony from experts like accident reconstruction and medical specialists
- Communication or safety records from the other party
Costs Associated with Traumatic Brain Injuries
Even minor brain injuries, such as a concussion, can leave lasting effects on the brain—and you may not be financially prepared for the medical care these injuries require. Common costs associated with TBIs include:
- Initial emergency treatment
- Procedures by neurosurgeons
- Rehabilitation and physical therapy
- Psychological counseling and therapy
- Loss or reduction of wages
- Increased home maintenance expenses
- Assisted living facilities or in-home care
How Long Does a TBI Case Take to Settle?
The timeline for your TBI claim can vary greatly depending on your unique situation. In some cases, an attorney can settle your claim relatively quickly by negotiating with the insurance company, while others could end up in court for months or years before reaching a settlement or verdict.
The sooner you talk to Mike and his team at Bottaro Law, the sooner we can get started on your case – which means you could recover the compensation you need in less time.