Auto Accident Lawyers in Warwick, RI
Car accidents occur all too frequently in Warwick and across Rhode Island. These collisions often result in severe injuries that can have a lasting impact on the life of the victim and their family.
After an accident in Warwick, RI, it is crucial to seek qualified legal representation immediately to protect your health and financial future. At Bottaro Injury Lawyers, we understand how injuries from a car accident could impact your life. Let us put our skills and experience to work for you as we seek fair compensation for the harm you’ve suffered.
The car insurance companies have one objective: to protect their bottom line. They might offer you a settlement that does not fully compensate you for the financial losses your injuries cause. If you want to get adequate compensation for an auto accident in Warwick, it is essential to have experienced lawyers who work for you, not the insurance company.
Bottaro Injury Lawyers are experienced in negotiating with insurance companies to get injured people compensation for the financial impact of a car crash. If the insurance company doesn’t offer a reasonable settlement, we will prepare your case for trial and be ready to fight it out in court.
It is crucial that you have experienced representation immediately to deal with the insurance company. With our No Fee Guarantee, that representation won’t cost you anything upfront because we don’t get paid until you do. Contact us 24/7 by phone, text, email, or contact us online to get started today.
Do You Have a Car Accident Claim?
You may have a claim to recover compensation for injuries and losses you suffered from a car accident that would not have occurred but for someone else’s careless or reckless behavior. This compensation is meant to cover your financial and personal losses, as well as vehicle damage from the crash. Losses can include medical expenses, diminished income, and decreased quality of life.
Benefits of Hiring a Warwick Car Accident Lawyer
Insurance companies usually fight hard to pay car accident victims as little money as possible because it protects their profits. When you hire a Warwick car accident lawyer from Bottaro Injury Lawyers, you’ll benefit from a legal advocate who will vigorously fight for you. We are prepared to:
- Investigate the underlying facts and circumstances of the car accident, and recover evidence needed to prove that another driver or party is at fault for the crash.
- Calculate the full extent of your injuries and losses, so you pursue the full financial recovery you need and deserve.
- Identify applicable insurance coverage and other financial resources that can provide you with compensation.
- Explain your legal rights and options and what is involved in the car accident claim process.
- File demands for compensation with the insurance companies, at-fault drivers, and other parties.
- Pursue maximum compensation in a negotiated settlement or through litigation aimed at securing a verdict in your favor at trial.
What Compensation Can Be Recovered?
If you were hurt in a motor vehicle accident that was somebody else’s fault, you might be entitled to car accident compensation for past, ongoing, and future expenses and losses, such as:
- Costs of medical treatment and rehabilitation, including emergency care, surgeries and other procedures, hospitalization, prescriptions, doctors’ appointments, and physical therapy
- Costs of long-term care for disabilities that result from your injuries
- Loss of income from missed work and loss of future earning capacity if you are disabled from returning to your pre-accident job or working in gainful employment.
- Physical pain and emotional distress or suffering
- Loss of quality of life due to permanent disabilities or visible scarring and disfigurement
- Costs to repair your car, or the value of your car if it was totaled in the accident
How Is Fault Determined after an Auto Accident?
At Bottaro Injury Lawyers, our experienced Warwick car accident lawyers investigate our clients’ cases, recover evidence that shows another party’s fault, and use it to craft a compelling argument for compensation.
Examples of the kinds of evidence we often use to build our clients’ car accident cases include:
- Police accident reports and traffic citation or arrest records
- Post-accident vehicle inspection and repair records
- Accident scene photos and video
- Surveillance and traffic camera footage
- Dashcam footage
- Eyewitness statements
- Post-accident drug and alcohol screening results
- Cell phone records and call or text logs
- Accident reconstruction expert reports
- Medical records from the treatment of injuries sustained in the accident
The determination of fault can affect the compensation you obtain in a car accident claim. If you are found to bear a share of fault for a car wreck and the injuries you sustained in the crash, Rhode Island’s comparative fault law still allows you to pursue a claim for compensation from other parties who also share fault for the accident. However, under the comparative fault system, your compensation can be reduced in proportion to your share of fault. For example, if you are found to be 10 percent at fault for an accident in which you were injured, you could still pursue compensation for the remaining 90 percent of your losses.
Time Limit for Filing a Car Accident Lawsuit in Warwick
In Rhode Island, the statute of limitations on car accident lawsuits gives you only three years from the date of an accident to file suit against the responsible party. You need to speak to a Warwick car accident lawyer as soon as possible to ensure your case is timely filed. The trial court will likely dismiss your case as untimely if you file suit after the limitations period has passed on your car accident claim, the trial court will likely dismiss your case as untimely. That means you could lose the right to hold those at fault for the accident accountable for your injuries.
Common Car Accident Injury Cases We Handle
Our Rhode Island car accident law firm has helped clients recover compensation for a wide range of injuries they suffered in car wrecks, including:
- Lacerations and excessive bleeding
- Abrasions, road rash, and avulsions
- Burns and smoke inhalation injuries from post-accident fires
- Broken bones
- Ligament sprains and tears
- Muscle and tendon strains and tears
- Neck and back injuries, such as whiplash or herniated spinal discs
- Nerve damage
- Internal organ injury or perforation
- Internal bleeding
- Spinal cord injuries and paralysis
- Crush injuries
- Traumatic amputation
- Eye, mouth, and ear injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
Common Types of Car Accidents in Warwick
Examples of common types of car accidents that occur in Warwick include:
- Distracted driving accidents
- Drowsy or fatigued driving accidents
- Hit-and-run accidents
- Uninsured and underinsured motorist accidents
- Drunk and drugged driving accidents
- Uber and Lyft accidents
- Careless or reckless driving accidents
- Speeding accidents
- Rear-end accidents
- Side-impact accidents
- Head-on collisions
- T-bone accidents
- Highway and interstate accidents
- Intersection accidents
What to Do After a Car Accident
When you have been involved in a car accident in Warwick, you need to move quickly to protect your legal rights to pursue a car accident claim for compensation. Taking the following steps can help improve your chances for recovering compensation:
- See a doctor after the crash for a physical exam to diagnose the injuries you sustained in the accident. Make sure to follow your doctor’s treatment instructions. Do not ignore your injuries or delay treatment.
- Photograph the accident scene if it is possible and safe for you to do so.
- Keep copies of bills, invoices, and receipts of medical treatments, vehicle repairs, and other expenses you incur due to the accident. Also, obtain copies of your pay stubs or income statements if you missed time from work following the accident or are disabled from returning to work.
- Start a journal to document your recovery, focusing on the physical pain your injuries and medical treatment cause you and how they impact your quality of life. This can help support your claim to compensation for personal, non-financial losses that you suffer.
- Avoid making social media posts about the accident, your injuries, or your car accident case. Also, avoid posting photos or videos of yourself while still undergoing treatment for your injuries. Insurers often keep tabs on car accident victims’ social media accounts for posts they can use to undermine the credibility of the victims’ claims about the accident and their injuries.
- Talk to a car accident attorney in Warwick as soon as possible to begin the process of investigating and pursuing your claims and to learn what next steps you need to take to pursue the financial compensation you deserve for your injuries.
Get Help from a Trusted Warwick Car Accident Lawyer Now
If you have been injured in a car accident that was someone else’s fault, then it’s time to “Get to Know Mike Bottaro.” Contact Bottaro Injury Lawyers today for a free, no-obligation consultation with our firm to learn how one of our trusted Warwick car accident lawyers can help you.