Motorcycle Accident Lawyers in Warwick, RI
If you’ve been injured in a motorcycle accident due to someone else’s negligence in Warwick, you could be owed significant compensation for your medical bills, lost income, pain and suffering, and much more.
To get full and fair compensation, you’ll need to take on the insurance companies and their team of attorneys, who will do anything to avoid paying you the money you deserve. That’s where Bottaro Injury Lawyers can help.
Our team is dedicated to advocating for injured motorcyclists and other accident victims in Warwick and throughout Rhode Island. Our dedication has helped us win millions of dollars on behalf of our clients, both through settlements and at trial. We are prepared to work as hard as it takes to secure you maximum compensation in the shortest time possible.
We want you to focus on your physical and emotional recovery without worrying about your financial recovery. With our No Fee Guarantee, you will never have to pay upfront for the legal advocacy you deserve. We get paid only when we secure your compensation.
It’s time you “Get to Know Mike Bottaro.” Reach out to Bottaro Injury Lawyers for a free, no-obligation consultation to learn more about how our Warwick motorcycle accident attorneys can fight for full compensation for you.
Do You Have a Motorcycle Accident Claim?
You might have a claim to recover compensation if you were hurt in a Warwick motorcycle accident due to another driver’s negligence, poor road conditions resulting from negligent maintenance, or a defect in your bike or another vehicle. If you meet these criteria, you could get money to pay for medical bills, lost wages from time missed at work, repairs to or replacement of your damaged motorcycle, and much more.
Why Are Motorcycle Accidents More Complicated?
Pursuing compensation after a motorcycle accident in Warwick can be more complicated because:
- Motorcycle wrecks often result in catastrophic injuries. With little protection beyond a helmet and riding leathers, motorcyclists often suffer serious injuries when they’re involved in collisions. Serious injuries result in significant medical bills, which in turn mean larger compensation claims – claims that insurance companies don’t want to pay. Claims can also become more complicated if a rider is still getting treatment for their injuries while pursuing their claim for compensation. Any recovery would need to include money for the injured rider’s expected future expenses.
- Drivers who cause motorcycle collisions may not have enough insurance coverage to compensate injured riders adequately. Many drivers in Rhode Island only carry the minimum bodily injury liability auto insurance required by state law. This minimum coverage is often not enough to adequately compensate motorcycle accident victims for the full extent of their injuries. That can complicate the rider’s claim for compensation, as they may need to pursue financial recovery from other sources, such as underinsured motorist coverage in their own motorcycle insurance policy.
- Insurers often rely on stereotypes to avoid liability for a motorcycle crash. Insurance companies may try to shift some or all the blame for a motorcycle crash onto the injured rider by employing unfair stereotypes about motorcyclists being careless, reckless, or unreliable.
Benefits of Hiring a Warwick Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
If you were injured in a motorcycle crash in Warwick, you should focus on healing and recovering, not meeting deadlines and negotiating with insurance companies. Let a Warwick motorcycle accident lawyer from Bottaro Injury Lawyers help with your case by:
- Performing a thorough investigation into the motorcycle crash to find evidence that the other party is at fault
- Consulting with expert witnesses to accurately reconstruct the accident and bolster your claim for compensation
- Calculating your past, ongoing, and future financial and personal losses
- Ensuring you understand your rights and options for pursuing motorcycle accident compensation
- Filing claims with the insurance companies on your behalf,
- Aggressively pursuing a negotiated settlement that pays you full compensation
- Pursuing your rights and interests in court by filing a motorcycle accident lawsuit and taking your case to trial if necessary
How Is Fault Determined After a Motorcycle Accident in Warwick?
At Bottaro Injury Lawyers, we know how to investigate motorcycle accidents and show that our clients deserve compensation. To do so, we regularly turn to evidence like:
- Photos and video of the accident scene
- Eyewitness statements
- Surveillance and traffic camera footage
- Helmet or dashcam footage
- Police accident reports
- Post-accident vehicle inspections
- Cell phone records from drivers involved in the crash
- Expert accident reconstruction reports
The degree to which other parties are at fault for the accident will affect how much compensation you can receive. Rhode Island’s pure comparative fault system allows you to pursue claims for compensation even when you bear some portion of fault for the motorcycle accident.
However, your compensation may be reduced in proportion to the share of fault you bear for your injuries. For example, if you are found to have been 30 percent at fault for the accident, you can only receive compensation for 70 percent of the losses you suffered.
What Compensation Can Be Recovered After a Motorcycle Crash?
If you were injured in a motorcycle accident and someone else was to blame, you could receive compensation for the following losses:
- Costs of medical treatment and rehabilitation of injuries you suffered in the accident
- Costs of long-term care for serious disabilities that result from your motorcycle accident injuries
- Lost wages and income when you miss time from work, or lost future earning capacity due to permanent disabilities preventing you from working
- Physical pain
- Emotional trauma and distress
- Loss of quality of life due to disabilities, scarring/disfigurement, or reduced life expectancy caused by your injuries
- Costs to repair your motorcycle or replace it if it was totaled in the crash
Statute of Limitations on Motorcycle Accident Lawsuits in Warwick
In Rhode Island, the statute of limitations requires an accident victim to file a lawsuit within three years of the incident. If the individual does not file suit against the parties responsible for their injuries by the time the statute of limitations expires on their claim, they risk having the trial court permanently dismiss their lawsuit for being untimely. That makes it important to discuss your case with a Warwick motorcycle accident attorney as soon as possible.
Tips for Protecting Your Rights After a Warwick Motorcycle Wreck
You can do certain things following a motorcycle accident to protect your rights for pursuing compensation. If possible, you should:
- See your primary physician or another doctor soon after the motorcycle crash to get examined for any injuries you may have sustained. Follow any treatment instructions and recommendations they give you.
- Take photos or videos of the accident scene with your cell phone.
- Keep copies of bills and invoices for expenses you incur after the accident, such as repair costs for your motorcycle or medical treatment.
- Make sure to have copies of your income statements if you miss time from work or are disabled from your job because of your accident injuries.
- Begin a journal to document the pain and decreased quality of life you experience following the motorcycle wreck.
- Avoid discussing the motorcycle collision or your injuries on social media. The insurance company is likely monitoring your social media profiles, looking for anything that contradicts your official insurance claim, and may try to use your posts against you.
- Contact Bottaro Injury Lawyers to discuss your rights and options with a motorcycle accident lawyer in Warwick.
Common Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Because they lack the safety features of most passenger vehicles, motorcycle riders often suffer devastating injuries in collisions, including:
- Road rash and other abrasion or avulsion injuries
- Crush injuries
- Broken bones
- Dislocated joints
- Ligament, muscle, and tendon injuries
- Neck and back injuries, including herniated spinal discs
- Internal injuries and bleeding
- Spinal cord injury and paralysis
- Nerve damage
- Head and facial injuries
- Traumatic brain injury
- Traumatic amputation
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents in Warwick
Some of the most frequent causes of motorcycle wrecks in Warwick include:
- Passing without moving fully over to the adjacent lane
- Reckless driving, including weaving in and out of traffic
- Unsafe lane changes and turns, including failing to signal
- Running red lights, stop signs, and other traffic signals
- Drunk driving
- Drowsy or fatigued driving
- Distracted driving
- Inexperienced drivers
- Night driving
- Bad weather that causes low visibility or slippery roads
- Poor road conditions, including potholes or debris in the roadway
- Vehicle defects
Talk to a Warwick Motorcycle Accident Attorney Now
After you’ve been in a motorcycle accident that wasn’t your fault, it’s time to “Get to Know Mike Bottaro.” Contact Bottaro Injury Lawyers for a free initial case evaluation with a skilled Warwick motorcycle accident attorney. We can help you understand your legal rights and options and what you can expect in your motorcycle accident case.