Reckless Driving Car Accident in Rhode Island
When reckless drivers ignore the rules of the road and cause an accident, they could and should be held accountable for the harm they cause others.
If you were injured in a reckless driving accident, contact the Rhode Island car accident attorneys at Bottaro Law today. Our attorneys handle only personal injury cases, which means we have the experience and resources necessary to take on even the most complex car accident claims.
Contact us today to discuss your legal options in a free case review.
What Is Considered Reckless Driving in Rhode Island?
Reckless driving can be defined as operating a vehicle in a way that puts other people in danger or shows no concern for their safety. Recklessness is more serious than negligence because the driver is purposefully ignoring traffic rules.
Some common forms of reckless driving on Rhode Island roads include:
- Making unsafe lane changes
- Passing without checking whether it is safe
- Merging or changing lanes without checking blind spots
- Not using turn signals when changing lanes or turning
- Following too closely
- Slamming on the brakes without warning (brake checking)
- Making turns at unsafe speeds
- Failing to yield the right of way at intersections
- Failing to heed stop signs and yield signs
- Succumbing to road rage
- Fleeing a police officer
Injuries Caused by Reckless Driving Car Accidents
Because reckless driving accidents can involve high-speed collisions, victims may suffer serious injuries, including:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries, including paraplegia and quadriplegia
- Neck and back injuries, such as whiplash
- Severed, crushed, or amputated limbs
- Injuries to internal organs
- Internal bleeding
- Broken bones
- Soft-tissue injuries
- Psychological distress
- Wrongful death