Standing Strong for Accident Victims in East Providence
Following an accident, your time and energy should be devoted to your medical treatment and physical and emotional recovery. Let an East Providence personal injury attorney from Bottaro Injury Lawyers advocate for your rights and interests and pursue your personal injury claim by:
- Investigating the accident and your injuries to recover evidence we can use to build your case, including accident scene photos, police reports, witness statements, or medical records from your treatment.
- Documenting your injuries and losses to know how much compensation to pursue in your case.
- Identifying liable parties and potential sources of compensation, such as insurance coverages.
- Ensuring you understand your legal rights and options and what you can expect to occur at each stage of your case.
- Filing your claims and demands for compensation with the liable parties and insurers.
- Aggressively negotiating for a settlement that pays you fair compensation for your expenses and losses.
- Pursuing litigation in court or at trial if necessary to fight for the best possible result in your case.
Demanding Full Value for Your Personal Injury Case
If you were injured through no fault of your own in an accident or other incident in East Providence, you might be entitled to pursue personal injury compensation that provides money for losses, such as:
- Expenses incurred for medical treatment and rehabilitation, including hospital bills, surgeries, prescriptions, physical therapy, and medical/mobility devices and equipment
- Expenses for long-term care, including home health care services, if you suffer disabilities due to your injuries
- Lost wages or income if you miss time from your job while treating and rehabilitating your injuries
- Lost earning capacity and employment benefits such as health insurance or pensions if you are indefinitely or permanently disabled from working in gainful employment
- Physical pain and emotional distress
- Disabilities or visible scarring and disfigurement that causes a loss of enjoyment or quality of life
Time Is Limited to File a Personal Injury Claim
When you have been injured, and someone else is to blame, you do not have unlimited time to start pursuing a personal injury lawsuit against those responsible for your injuries. Instead, Rhode Island’s statute of limitations gives you only three years from the date you were injured to file suit against the liable parties.
If you fail to file suit before the deadline, you risk having your claim dismissed as untimely by the court and losing the opportunity to recover compensation for your injuries and losses.
Tips for Protecting Your Rights After an Accident in East Providence
You can take certain steps after being involved in an accident in East Providence to protect your right to pursue a personal injury case. These include:
- Seek medical attention as soon as possible after an accident to have a doctor examine you for any injuries you may have suffered. Photograph any visible injuries.
- Document the scene of the accident, including taking cell phone photos or videos if possible and talking to eyewitnesses.
- Follow all the treatment instructions that your doctors give you.
- Keep copies of medical bills and invoices and other records of expenses you incur due to the accident.
- Retain copies of your pay stubs or income records if you miss time from work or are permanently disabled from your job.
- Don’t post about your injuries or your legal claim on social media or post photos or videos of yourself while still undergoing treatment. Insurers and defense lawyers often try to use injury victims’ social media accounts as evidence to discredit their claims.
- Contact an East Providence personal injury attorney from Bottaro Injury Lawyers to discuss the next steps to take to pursue your personal injury claim.
Talk to an East Providence Personal Injury Attorney Now
Contact Bottaro Injury Lawyers today for a free, no-obligation consultation to discuss your legal rights and options for financial recovery with a knowledgeable East Providence personal injury attorney from our firm.