Which Doctor Should I See After a Car Accident?

If you’ve been in a car accident, it is always best to seek immediate medical attention from an injury (car accident) doctor – even if you think you may not be seriously hurt. Your body goes into defense and high adrenaline mode after a car accident. You may feel fine initially, but you could wake up the next day in severe pain.

The best thing is to go to the emergency room. There, the accident and emergency doctors will give you a thorough check up, take x-rays, and write any prescriptions you may need. From a legal perspective, your ER visit will be documented and will serve as proof to the insurance company that you sought immediate care. Again, even if you feel ok after the accident, you want to be sure you are protected in the event that a hidden injury crops up days later.

You may want to also schedule a follow-up appointment with your primary care doctor. The car accident doctors at the emergency room may recommend this. They may also suggest you see a physical therapist or a chiropractor trained to treat soft tissue injuries. Research shows that soft tissue injuries are the most common results of a car accident.  The important first step is to see a doctor trained in treating accident injuries immediately after your car accident.

Common car accident injuries:

  • Whiplash
  • Muscle strains
  • Spine
  • Neck and back
  • Numbness
  • Dizziness
  • Aches and swelling
  • General discomfort

An automobile accident is a traumatic shock to your body. Car accident doctors can help with early detection and prevention of long-term pain and suffering. See an accident doctor at the emergency room immediately after you are injured in a car accident.

And afterward, Attorney Mike Bottaro and our team at the Bottaro Law Firm, LLC will be there to help you. We are skilled at communicating with your medical providers to help you recover after an injury.  We understand how the settlement process works and how to ensure you are compensated for your injuries. Please call us for a free consultation at 401-777-7777.