Rhode Island and Massachusetts Insurance Denial Legal Claims: We can Help!
August 24th, 2018
Did you pay good money to an insurance company and now, in your time of need, that insurance company has delayed or denied making payment to you on a claim? If so, you may have important legal rights and should contact our personal injury firm as soon as possible.
Rhode Island and Massachusetts Insurance Claims Including Bad Faith
Paying your premiums on time is the way to hold your end up on your side of the bargain, so you would expect your insurance company to do the same, right?
Insurance bad faith happens when your insurance company fails to uphold their end of the contract. If you believe that your insurance company is acting in bad faith, you can file an insurance dispute claim. You should contact us for a free consultation as soon as possible because there are important time limits and evidence to gather.
Some examples of improper insurance claims handling that may include bad faith claims here in Rhode Island or Massachusetts include:
- Attempting to settle for an amount less than what you are entitled to under your policy
- Delaying, discounting, or denying a claim without a reasonable basis for doing so
- Failing to acknowledge or respond to a claim for coverage
- Failing to conduct an appropriate investigation
- Failing to conduct a prompt, reasonable, and thorough appraisal
- Failing to deny or pay a claim within a reasonable amount of time
- Misrepresenting the terms of your policy
- Refusing to disclose pertinent information
- Using harassment, intimidation, or other improper tactics in an effort to prevent you from pursuing a valid claim
No matter your policy type, these bad faith practices are used. It is not fair for insurance companies to take advantage of their clients, and the Bottaro Law Firm is ready to help you fight back.
Why Should I Hire a Lawyer?
After a car accident, most claims are resolved through insurance settlements, and the personal injury lawyers at our firm deal with insurance companies all the time. Our team knows how to negotiate effectively with insurance companies, and how to distinguish between good- and bad-faith delays and denials.
If your insurance company has done any of the above examples to you, you can definitely file a bad-faith claim against them. This type of claim is known as a “first party” insurance dispute. But, if another person’s insurance company fails to process your claim against them in good faith, you could file a “third party” bad-faith claim against their insurance company to protect your rights.
It’s Good To Know Mike Bottaro – 24/7 Personal Injury Help
At the Bottaro Law Firm, we handle car accident personal injury every day. Honesty. Integrity. Results. Our experienced legal team is here to fight for your rights. Contact us in any method you prefer 24/7 for a fast, free, and confidential consultation about your case. Text or call: 401-777-7777 or fill out our free and confidential online form.