Memorial Day weekend brings us cookouts, festively decorated parties, and some good old patriotic celebrating. Another thing that Memorial Day brings us is car accidents. According to an article on CBS News, Memorial Day is actually the deadliest holiday for auto accidents – so be aware and be careful on the roads. Below are some ways to be sure you are keeping safe during this holiday.
In order to enjoy your holiday without any accidents or personal injuries, be sure to follow these tips from The Red Cross:
- Never text and drive – keep your cell phone off
- Turn on your headlights and make sure your windows are clean, especially at night
- Use your seatbelt – always!
- Observe speed limits and follow the rules of the road
- Don’t get distracted behind the wheel
- Be sure to keep a moderate distance between other cars
- Let someone know where you are going, your route, and your estimated time of arrival
- If your car gets stuck or something happens, help can be sent on your route quicker
And the most important tip:
- If you plan on drinking, designate a driver who will not drink.
- If everyone plans on drinking, use a ride sharing app – such as Uber or Lyft to reach your destination. During the holidays, these apps might have special deals for people to receive a discounted ride.
By following these tips, everyone on the road should be guaranteed an accident-free and fun Memorial Day weekend.
Contact Us Today
Nobody wants the holiday interrupted by tragedy. Despite your best efforts, however, if another driver fails to keep safe on the road, you may become involved in an accident. If you are the victim of another driver’s negligence, call the Bottaro Law Firm, LLC today or fill out our online contact form.