Did you know that you may be entitled to compensation for scarring after a Rhode Island or Massachusetts personal injury? Any type of personal injury – auto accidents, dog bites, and even slip-and-fall accidents can entitle you money damages for scarring. I have experience in getting clients money for these damages and today I am blogging on the different types of scars from a personal injury accident. At the Bottaro Law Firm, LLC, my team invests in our clients’ cases to get the best medical experts and expertise to win your case big.
Types of Scars
Just as there are multiple types of personal injuries, there is a wide range of different types of scars. The type of scar you might endure could certainly play a role in your personal injury claim. Some different types of scars are:
- Hypertrophic scar: a thick, elevated, reddish tissue that forms directly over the original wound; which could naturally fade within months or so
- Atrophic scar: a small dent or depression resulting from skin lesions like surgery, trauma, or acne
- Keloid scar: a darker, elevated skin tissue that can grow beyond the original wound and may require treatments to disappear
- Contracture scar: skin or muscle tissue that has tightened, impairing your ability to move; usually from burn injuries and may need advanced treatments
What Factors can Influence Scar Value?
No two scars will look or be worth the same – making the individual factors of person extremely important when determining if a scar can be used for your case. Some of these factors include:
- Location of scar: where is the scar located? A scar one someone’s face will be worth more than a scar on someone’s arm
- Age of the client: a person’s age can certainly make a difference – the younger you are, the more value the scar has
- Permanency: can the scar be removed with plastic surgery? Will the scar fade over time, or is the client going to live with this scar forever?
- Profession: depending on the job, a scar can play a role in value. A scar on the face of a model is going to be worth more than a scar on a construction worker.
It’s Good To Know Mike Bottaro! – 24/7 Personal Injury Help
At the Bottaro Law Firm, LLC, my team and I handle Rhode Island and Massachusetts car accident personal injury claims every day. Honesty. Integrity. Results. Our experienced legal team is here to fight for your rights. Contact us in any method you prefer 24/7 for a fast, free, and confidential consultation about your case. Text or call: 401-777-7777 or fill out our free and confidential online form.