Interested in knowing what to do after suffering personal injuries as a pedestrian? Having practiced as a personal injury lawyer in Rhode Island and Massachusetts, today I am going to share some information about pedestrian car accident cases.
Rhode Island and Massachusetts Car vs. Pedestrian Car Accidents
According to an article from the Wall Street Journal, American pedestrian deaths rose in 2019 to their highest level in 30 years – despite roadway crash fatalities decreasing. At some point, almost everyone is a pedestrian, putting everyone at risk to a pedestrian accident.
You should know that if you are hit by a car as a pedestrian, you have important legal rights and need to consult with a top rated personal injury lawyer.
At the Bottaro Law Firm, LLC, we go after careless drivers. There are important time limits and the best lawyers know to jump on investigating the case right away to make the case. So, call or text us 24/7 for a free confidential consultation. Here are factors we look for in helping win your case:
- Distracted Driving: when drivers are not paying attention to the roads, they might not be able to stop in time when a pedestrian is near – causing an accident. Talking on a cell phone, texting, eating, or any other distractions can take a driver’s eyes away for even a couple of seconds, which is plenty of time for someone to dart out in front of them.
- Speeding: not only is this a traffic law violation, but this reckless act can cause fatal pedestrian accidents. Not being able to stop in time can seriously injury a pedestrian due to the force of impact.
- Driving under the Influence: no matter the type of intoxication, (alcohol or drugs), a driver’s reaction time, reasoning, and overall driving skills are impaired. Being inebriated can cause someone to easily disregard a pedestrian.
Hit In A Crosswalk? What is my pedestrian car accident case worth?
When we investigate your case, if you are struck in a crosswalk, you have a stronger case. Even if not, I know how to make a great case for you wherever possible. In this example, we will assume a jury will not find you at fault as you acted reasonably at all times. So, how much is your case worth?
To understand how to answer this question, requires understanding the factors involved. In short, your case value is driven by the evidence. The more serious the injury, the more compensation I can win for you. Some injuries a pedestrian may experience include:
- Traumatic Brain Injuries: a traumatic brain injury, or TBI, can vary in severity depending on the type of accident. Someone could have hit their head, only causing a slight concussion, or could experience something more serious, like a brain bleed. No matter the injury, all TBIs have to be treated with extreme care.
- Broken Bones: a pedestrian can suffer from a broken bone due to the impact and force of being hit by a vehicle, mostly in the pelvic area. Due to the shape of the average car hood, vehicles will typically come into contact with the pedestrian in that area – which is extremely painful and difficult to treat.
- Internal Injuries: these types of injuries can be hard to spot right away, especially when someone’s adrenaline is still high. Rib fractures, internal bleeding, and other injuries to inner organs are difficult to immediately spot, but still need treatment as soon as possible.
The answer to how much your pedestrian accident is worth starts when you contact our firm, here at the Bottaro Law Firm, LLC.
We work hard for our clients to stand up for your legal rights and obtain the most money possible, all while answering your questions, and helping with all aspects of what you are experiencing with you personal injuries. If you or a loved one has been injured from a pedestrian accident, we are here 24/7 and are ready to fight for your rights!
It’s Good to Know Mike Bottaro – 24/7 Personal Injury Help
At the Bottaro Law Firm, LLC, we handle all types of personal injury cases every day. Honesty. Integrity. Results. Our experienced legal team is here to fight for your rights. Contact us in any method you prefer 24/7 for a fast, free, and confidential consultation about your case. Text or call: 401-777-7777 or fill out our free and confidential online form.