Here in Rhode Island and Massachusetts, we continue to work representing people like you get justice regarding the new PACT Act. This new law opens up the right to compensation to those harmed by the toxic water at Camp Lejeune. In today’s blog, I’d like to discuss some basics of this new law. Every day, we are accepting your calls and taking on new clients. Please call or text us 24/7 for a free case review.
What Is The Time Deadline For Filing Camp Lejeune Toxic Water Lawsuits?
It is important to understand that the new law does have time deadlines and other parameters before you can recover money for the harm caused at Camp Lejeune due to the water contamination.
- First, veterans, families, or other people must establish they were on the property for at least 30 days between 1953 and 1987. We can help explain this further.
- Second, you must understand that we must prove your case – this is not a “no-fault” or “work comp” fund. Rather, you must be able to prove your case to the Department of Navy and potentially in North Carolina federal court. We are joining forces with co-counsel to ensure you get the best of both worlds: (1) our local firm that knows our communities and (2) powerful trial lawyers to prove your case!
- Third, and most important, the faster you contact us and we obtain information from you, the faster we can file the initial claim with the Navy and then the faster we can proceed to court as necessary. Our goal to you is to help ensure that your claim gets filed as fast as possible!
How Much Is My Camp Lejeune Case Worth?
Here is what you need to know right now about your Case Lejeune case value and/or settlement amount:
- There is not any lawyer on the planet that knows the definite answer right now as to “how much is my Camp Lejeune case worth?” This is a brand new law and to be honest, your claim will take months, and perhaps years to resolve.
- Generally speaking in mass tort cases, the stronger the case you have, equates to a higher settlement or verdict. There are many factors that go into the strength of your case. In the Camp Lejeune cases, we have the burden of proof to establish that the exposure to the toxic water played a substantial role in causing you the harm you have suffered.
- While any website, blog, or TV advertisement can say that past mass tort cases involving a certain type of cancer resolved within a certain range, etc., at this point nobody really knows. But we can tell you that we will continue to communicate with you as the process unfolds.
At this point, all you need to do is contact us and get the process started at no cost to you whatever. We are proud to be accepting new contamination cases in support of our local veterans and families of Rhode Island and Massachusetts.
It’s Good to Know Bottaro Law – 24/7 Top Rated Personal Injury Help
At the Bottaro Law Firm, we care for people. Attorney Mike Bottaro and his team handles all types of personal injury cases including Camp Lejeune toxic water lawsuits cases throughout Rhode Island and Massachusetts. We can also help on cases in other states as well. Honesty. Integrity. Results. Call or text us right now 24/7 for live help with a free case review at (401) 777-7777; chat, email, or feel free to complete our online form. We are here to serve and help you!